Originally Posted by Anonymous
No reason to go to any 2021 recruiting events this year..like Brine, Under Armour, etc...Is there???

My son is signed up for the Brine and his friends are going, so I'm there. I won't be busting my hump to make any of the prospect camps this summer. My Son is an October birthday, so he is already at a disadvantage. Several parents who I spoke to who are going D1 told me to wait until next summer to start that process. No reason to have an on age kid be the youngest at a camp and get labeled and knocked out early.
[/quote]

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back?? [/quote]

Not if you live in NY. The school cutoff is 12/1. My son is late September and is one of the youngest in his grade due to hold backs
[/quote]

Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing? [/quote]

Can't arbitrarily hold back in public school unless the school make you repeat, which they only do if you are a ding dong. Tax payers don't fund sports ambition, but do fund stupid kids that can't pass public school classes.

[/quote]
It happened in my kid's school. A player did 8th grade in the two different middle schools, and started as an 8th grader on the varsity team in his 2nd round of 8th. Was an ok student, but not failing or forced to be held back. Got a D1 offer as a 9th grader, and really should be in 10th. H