Originally Posted by Anonymous
Steve Spurrier once said "give me SOBs and I'll beat any group of VIPs"

If you're one of the blue blood programs it's time to toughen up, buttercups.

At least his convicts had a chance at playing in the NFL. Pro lax is a beer league. Worry about churning out a high character kid and sending him to a school that is a good fit because in 4 years its OVER JOHNNY!

Never mind that, when is the ole ball coach coming to college lacrosse? Can't wait to see that. All kidding aside, lacrosse is no longer the sport it was. The tough kid with a linebacker mentality cannot succeed in today's lacrosse climate. The game has become a finesse sport, more like soccer than hockey. Almost all contact is flagged. Give me a bunch of fast kids with amazing stick skills who play as a team and not as individuals and I'll beat anyone as well. Tough sob's? sorry
not in todays game.

Agree that they are flagging almost all contact now but disagree about the tough SOB's. Yesterday's Towson Denver game proved it. Denver has fast kids with amazing stick skills. Towson has tough, grinding SOB's. Toughness isn't only about hitting. Towson played tenacious defense and battled their asses off for every ground ball. [lacrosse], I think they only won 2 faceoffs all day. That's my definition of toughness and Towson showed it.