As a non revenue (meaning does not bring + revenue to the school) each team is very limited in the number of lacrosse scholarships it can offer at 12.6. However, many schools have endowments, merit programs, specialty scholarships that are provided for a variety of reasons. I cannot speak for every D1 program but I have spoken to enough to know that it would be unwise for a program to offer one of the limited number of scholarships to one player. With current roster averages, I would think they would almost have to reduce a current players' scholarship to accomplish this. It would make far more sense to find money for a star athlete through one of the other programs at the school. Besides despite the MLL athletic scholarships are not the best type. Other scholarships are not tied to player performance and protect against injury. Speak to coaches early and they will assist in gaining preferential status in applying for other scholarships. In other words, good coaches will "find" money but a full ride bases solely on lacrosse not so much. There are household names in NCAA not getting full rides.