Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does it vary school by school of what the school offer up financially? Everyone says stay away from D3 because there is no $$, but ultimately, it seems like it is just the difference between the support being called a scholarship in D1 vs. being called a grant. My son got offered a spot with a top 20 D3 which to me is pretty impressive in that there are over 150 D3 schools. In talking to admission, the grant money offered to athletes on the team was in he range of $18-20K. That is a good chunk of change on top of financial aid and merit money, coupled with the chance to compete and play, enjoy college, get an education and perhaps with a championship.

Other than SUNY, it's a great way to go!! I plan on doing that for my son, and maybe my wife will let me get my mid life crisis dream car with the money savings!

SUNY schools can be the absolute best value net net. I wish my oldest would have attended Albany or Binghamton over a mid Atlantic school costing $60k+. The scholarship was only a dent in the overall cost. Hindsight.