Originally Posted by Anonymous
17 year olds on the 2019-20 Under Armour South roster? Makes no sense

In Maryland most private school 9th graders are 16. Does not shock me at all to read rising sophs are 17. Our 2018 son just got his drivers license this last week. He is the only kid who wasn't licensed in 9th grade on his school team, and most of those kids have been licensed more than 1 year. One benefit is you can stop driving your kid to summer tournaments a year or two earlier.

Your son go to BL? Most MD private school kids are not 16 during freshman year. A lot of the summer bdays would turn 16 before sophomore year especially if the started in private elementary. BTW the UA South roster is Fla, Ga etc kids

Are you serious? Like these kids are on age? My rising Jr (committed) is still 16. Won't be 17 for nearly 6 months. He's considered old for his grade. You MD guys are a joke. Same with those over rated 20 yo college freshman Inter AC punks too. Nearly all of your kids play down. Imagine if you guys had to play on age? Talk about being exposed...

Hey sport. My rising junior is still 15. Not defending the hold back practice just correcting the poster claiming the majority of MD 9th graders are 16. That is a patently false statement. The original post commented on 17 yr old 2019 on UA south roster. UA south is not MD. It's Fla, Ga etc.