Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think for me when my son verballed it meant several things:

1. It was a validation of all my sons hard work and effort throughout the years, not to mention the time and sacrifices he made along the way

2. It was nice to have a D1 coach, a professional at his craft tell my son that he was a very good player and a kid who the coach would love to have in his program, it wasnt Ty Xanders or some irrelevant blogger saying it.

3. I think for my son it was a huge sigh of relief that the pressure he was feeling was off and he could just go out and play and enjoy himself. For me obviously it was a huge relief knowing that my son has a spot and is going to have a great opportunity to do some pretty amazing things once he gets to school.

Those are just my thoughts, I understand that at this point until he signs his NLI it is just a verbal agreement and either side can decided that its not the right fit, although for the most part college coaches will honor their verbals. For my son at this point he is completely happy with his decision and unless a significantly better offer comes along he will be staying put. IMHO the only reasons to decommit and verbal to a different school would be a significant upgrade in the academic standing of the school, or for some kids they decide they would rather play D3 and not deal with the pressures of D1. Just my two cents and my experience with this process so far.

Validation is no reason to commit. Find right academic school that you would want to go to if there was no lacrosse. No money past college. This single end game.

never said validation was the reason he committed, I said its how we felt about it afterwards.

It was number 1 on your numerical list! Lol