Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, at least it's not just lacrosse. I see where a Greenwich Ct. 8th grader just committed to Florida State as a QB. Will attend New Canaan HS. And Btw. 8th grader who is 15 years old , 6'1" 170 pounds. (My 8th grader is 13, 5'4 98 lbs) I have to assume before Florida St. would commit, they would have seen him play against similar sized and aged kids?

New Canaan is a bunch of cheaters in lax too bunch of hold back in that area of Ct. but shortly wont that go away. didn't they pass a law about HS sports and ages playing. [lacrosse] go private by jr year so he can still play

Lest not be fooled though, Lax cannot be compared to Football - big money and a business goodluck to this kid
He's actually going private (Brunswick) to public initially. Point taken about the money in college football, but just don't hear about the early recruits much, at least not here in teh northeast.

That's because in football, early recruiting is limited to a handful of exceptional players. The vast majority of players make their final decisions in their senior years.

In lacrosse, you're pretty much out of luck if you're not committed by sophomore year. The system is broken.