No reason to go to any 2021 recruiting events this year..like Brine, Under Armour, etc...Is there???
[/quote]

My son is signed up for the Brine and his friends are going, so I'm there. I won't be busting my hump to make any of the prospect camps this summer. My Son is an October birthday, so he is already at a disadvantage. Several parents who I spoke to who are going D1 told me to wait until next summer to start that process. No reason to have an on age kid be the youngest at a camp and get labeled and knocked out early.
[/quote]

If your child is a 2021 and born in Oct isnt he one of the oldest besides kids held back?? [/quote]

Not if you live in NY. The school cutoff is 12/1. My son is late September and is one of the youngest in his grade due to hold backs
[/quote]

Does NY have the same issue of holdbacks as Baltimore/DC area. It is mainly a private school thing in MD/DC until 8th grade. Then it is both but you still see more holding back in private schools. I have talked to many parents recently who are holding their child back in public's in MD/DC. It seems to be growing? [/quote]

Can't arbitrarily hold back in public school unless the school make you repeat, which they only do if you are a ding dong. Tax payers don't fund sports ambition, but do fund stupid kids that can't pass public school classes.