Originally Posted by Anonymous
I just don't understand why any of the negative posters care about the people that chose to commit early.

I have two playing-one committed early and is happy playing at D-1 level (although, at the time 10th grade was early) and one not good enough to be considered still in HS.

younger one loves the game and will play as long as he can whether someone calls or not. Most colleges have club programs that are both fun and competitive without the 30 hour work week associated with D-1.

I say, to each his own-for those who commit in 9th grade, good for them, i hope it works out, for those that choose to wait-or those that never get asked-good luck to you as well.

the people saying the game has been ruined-i say just the opposite. the game is being played every spring weekend and every summer weekend by thousands of kids...ten years ago, unless you were on LI or in MD, it was simply not the case.

so just take a step back and let your kid have fun. when it is no longer fun, try a different sport. The level of competition in soccer or baseball or football or basketball is no different when it comes to club teams selling the dream...some kids get recruited, some don't. not your job or my job to critique the parenting skills of others...

I agree with you, and I'm pretty sure that most other people do, too. Too many people think it's their place to tell other people what to do.