Originally Posted by Anonymous
2020s that are already committed are not affected by the rule change. They can still communicate with their coach by phone since the recruiting conversation has already taken place. They just can't visit until Jr year. This is what my committed sons coach told him. They also can talk at prospect camps held at the school.

We were told no contact until Junior year. Commitment still honored. Based upon this forum, seems like the enactment went as planned, i.e. SNAFU, as did the discussions on implementation, i.e. SNAFU. No skin in the game but NCAA clearly went with PR and optics over reality to appease the blue bloods/Ivies. Let Duke/ND/etc poach. . .never understood how a free market was not good. Oh yeah, Tradition! (yeah, right, US lacrosse wha wha wha. . .).

Some of us believe that recruiting 8th graders is a bad idea overall.

Just because you lucked out with your kid committing early doesn't mean it's a good thing for the game or for (the bulk of) those who play it.

9th grade. Mature for his age. Big. Great Grades. That describes 99% of the commits for the 2020 class. That's about 100 kids out of what? Several thousand kids? Guess what. . .everyone has a spot. The Ivies and Duke/ND said, ENOUGH OF THIS, and made this happen. Why do you think Big Ten is so big this year? ER. It's called parity. But can't let that happen (except Hops. . .we'll do anything for Hops). US Lacrosse just won. . . not your kid.

ND recruits as early as anyone out there and they will probably be disappointed in many of the early 19's & 20's they already verbally committed