Loyola beating Hopkins is not a major upset. Hopkins should have lost to Navy. Loyola is legit and will be around come May.

Hofstra always comes up with a big regular season win and then disappears come the end of the season. IMO UNC really needs to start looking at their coaching staff, with the talent they stockpile every year its bewildering that they havent made a final four in forever it seems.

Virginia appears to be on a downward slide and one can only wonder if the game is starting to pass Starsia by. They can get any recruit they want for the most part so I dont think early recruiting is their only issue.

Although I am not am early recruiting advocate I think there are different forces at work here as well. I think there is so much talent out there now that parity was inevitable. Coaches have expanded their recruiting to non traditional markets and kids from all over are starting to play and excel at the game.

I think a fascinating study would be to look at a Top 5 lax program and look at their impact players. Look at when they verballed and where they played high school and club lacrosse and see if any patterns emerge.

Having said all that, does anyone here believe that this years final four will be dramatically different than years past? I think come May the same top programs will be at the final four . Looking at the last 5 years, the same teams end up playing on championship weekend so Im really not sure how that proves or disproves the theory that early recruiting is hurting the sport. It will be fascinating to see what happens over the next few years and if any changes are made.