Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not about money anymore.

Go to a good high school, get a great education, play for a high school coach who has your best interest at heart and all else will take care of itself if it is meant to be.

So true. The days of the slimy Club directors treating these kids like a piece of meat for marketing reasons are over. I hope the NCAA plays hard ball with these used car salesmen and their time in the sun is over.

You couldn't be more wrong. This will be a windfall for clubs. You now need play and pay through soph year

Exactly! The club guys will be telling kids and parents all kinds of tales about how this school and that school are really interested. You need to be seen the summer between 10th and 11th. They want to watch you play a few more times. They will be calling on Sept 1 at 12:00.01 am to give you an offer. Only problem is, now the kids and the parents have absolutely no way of verifying and interest whatsoever. All the power goes right into the club Coaches hand. Yeah and for all you town types, the HS Coaches will now really have you and your kid by the short hairs. You know, especially the coaches that think they are a better judges of talent than D1 Coaches. Glad mine are done. I feel sorry for these kids and parents. Whole new set of garbage to deal with. At least the old way parents could control the process a little. That's now all in Club or HS Coaches hands, not good. Only good thing, the holdback thing should ebb a bit. No reason to reclass in 8th grade now. However, I suspect many a private and public school kid will be transferring and repeating 10th grade.