Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it really important to go to a top academic school? We've all been duped into buying (really buying) into that philosophy. Not sure about you but most of the really successful guys I know didn't go to IVY, Duke, UNC, NESCAC, Virginia etc. They didn't. Many didn't even go to school. Our entire society has boughten into this idea that in order to have success you first need to go to college and even you want even more success it has to be to a top college. Its really BS. You can site the examples of the Princeton grad who got handed a job. So what. For everyone of those there is a Kevin Plank story. He went to Maryland. A school lax people bash as a non academic school. What has your college experience done for you?? A bunch of great memories and great stories for me. Ivy grads going into teaching? I coached two twins back in the day and one went to Hopkins and one to Princeton. Great kids. Bother are teachers at a private school. And they love it. I"m not knocking teaching. The point is you, your character, your drive, your passion, your ambition, your balls are going to make you. Not that high academic institution. Truly an extension of high school with less rules. Go Be. Go Do. Have fun. Play lacrosse at the best lacrosse school you can or go play for the best academic school you can. Either way it will all work out if you work.

My college experience taught me that "boughten" is not a word. Ha you are right (or your if you need another one) not sure if it was typo or just came out of my mind like that. However, I will wake up tomorrow whenever I want because I do not punch a clock. Make sure you set your alarm but please do not wake me.