Originally Posted by Anonymous
Amazing how fast everyone adapts to the new normal. A couple years ago it leaked a kid committed to Hopkins before 9th grade even started. Last summer it was a kid on the middle of the summer before 9th grade. Now it is kids right on the last day of middle school. Is this like Duke telling their recruits to stay non public until they finish 9th grade "because Duke doesn't recruit 9th graders"? I privately wonder if kids are now being offered in the middle of 8th grade after fall ball and the coaches just think keeping a lid on it -- for now -- keeps it from looking more sleazy and more extreme.

This is absolutely destroying the youth sport. 5th and 6th graders now have anxieties over being noticed in middle school or it will be too late.
If you're one who doesn't think ER is ruining the youth sport, all you had to do is spend half a day around the 2020 & 2019 games at Adrenaline this weekend. Between delusional parents, coach screaming at player after game that he could never recommend him, to a recent 2019 D1 commit taking off his equipment at 4 minute mark because coach didn't put him back in fast enough, one kid even looking up at the scaffold to let them know that was his 5th goal....and I was only there for an hour ....I'd love to say college programs will get what they deserve, but with 55 man rosters I'm sure they'll be able to weed out their mistakes

That is just so sad and pathetic to read. We've really failed these kids. It is KILLING the youth sport.

Please tell me it wasn't any team from LI doing this?
Amazing how fast everyone adapts to the new normal. A couple years ago it leaked a kid committed to Hopkins before 9th grade even started. Last summer it was a kid on the middle of the summer before 9th grade. Now it is kids right on the last day of middle school. Is this like Duke telling their recruits to stay non public until they finish 9th grade "because Duke doesn't recruit 9th graders"? I privately wonder if kids are now being offered in the middle of 8th grade after fall ball and the coaches just think keeping a lid on it -- for now -- keeps it from looking more sleazy and more extreme.

This is absolutely destroying the youth sport. 5th and 6th graders now have anxieties over being noticed in middle school or it will be too late.
If you're one who doesn't think ER is ruining the youth sport, all you had to do is spend half a day around the 2020 & 2019 games at Adrenaline this weekend. Between delusional parents, coach screaming at player after game that he could never recommend him, to a recent 2019 D1 commit taking off his equipment at 4 minute mark because coach didn't put him back in fast enough, one kid even looking up at the scaffold to let them know that was his 5th goal....and I was only there for an hour ....I'd love to say college programs will get what they deserve, but with 55 man rosters I'm sure they'll be able to weed out their mistakes

That is just so sad and pathetic to read. We've really failed these kids. It is KILLING the youth sport.

Please tell me it wasn't any team from LI doing this?
Ironically no, if you don't include crush for leaving in D1 PSU commit even with a 15-0 lead against PT, but that is minor and that coach is known for that. It was a PT and a Leading Edge player, and a Laxachussets coach. But honestly it all starts with us parents. My favorite on our team was when a mother and father, standing right on the sideline while most of us were in the bleachers, screaming at a player to "look up, look up" and pass while he's getting swarmed by 3 players, "pass to 21", 21 being their middie son of course , who by the way took at least 15 shots, scoring only once, while on at least 4 occasions didn't even wait for X back-up. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of parents out there teaching and yelling at their sons to play the team game right, but there are enough delusional ones that are having a negative effect on the youth game.