Originally Posted by Anonymous
So I need a club director to tell me a school is interested in my son. I can't speak to the coach, my son can't speak to the coach, see the athletic facilities with the staff, discuss opportunities, finances, philosophies, majors, meet the players, see a practice. After all of this that we can't do, my son will then commit to the school. Sounds like a solid plan for his future. Come on folks lets be realistic. I know you have a product to sell, but you'll have to do better than that.

You can do all of that when 9/1 of his Jr year starts - exactly as it should be. Until then, just let him be a typical HS kid play and enjoy the game.

Except that the recruiting isnt going to stop. All the coaches that stood in front of a microphone or camera and said how they were all for this....will be using every loop hole and back door to continue making contact through club coaches. Offers will still be made and commitments will still happen, they just wont be made public. And like the parent above stated, you will now have to do this without the benefit of legitimate contact / tours etc..It is going to make recruiting an even dirtier / dark practice.

Agreed. "Early Recruiting" really was not a "dark" dirty place to begin with. If you look at the numbers, it impacted a very small percentage of kids who actually play the sport. I agree with this post in that now the environment has been created to make it a real behind the scenes backroom process. I guess it's just wait and see.