Originally Posted by Anonymous
100% true
He is a stud against his age group but playing in Suffolk A is a big boys league and he will be somewhat of a 'marked man'.
If nothing else, deciding on his college future at this juncture has made him the poster boy for early recruiting and his progress will be watched closely.
I hope for his sake he continues to enjoy the game and continues to mature emotionally and physically.
As far as Tambo is concerned, he should hide his head in shame.
Linebacker U...that's funny.

"Suffolk A big boy league" ?? C'mon man get a grip. Most likely he will be playing against several 9th and 10th graders because just about all of the teams have them playing Varsity, the league will be full of them. What teams in that league would he not start on? Most of the teams in the league will not be very strong at all. He will do just fine. Best of luck to him.

Suffolk A is widely considered one of the best lacrosse conferences in the country. Not going to name them all but he wouldnt start on at least 6 teams in Suffolk A if not more. Im sure [lacrosse] be fine and it will be a great learning experience for him. Best of luck to him either way.

You might consider it one of the best HS lacrosse conferences in the country but that should tell you all you need to know about HS Lacrosse. The reality is that Suffolk A is usually a two or thee team league. I would say the 8th grade kid would start or see significant playing time on all but one or two teams, maybe three. You say six, I doubt that but even if true, there are 24 teams in the league the fact that he would Start on 18 - 22 of them is sad. Most if not all of the teams will be running a fair amount of 9th and 10th graders. So please stop pounding your chest about how competitive the league is. The facts say otherwise. The top few teams are good every year and thats about it. If it were as competitive as you like to believe we would see different teams winning the championship each year. How many teams in the league will be starting three upperclassmen studs on attack this year? It would not be a stretch to say this kid could start on just about any team in the league. Who has the top attack unit ?? Smithtown East? Connetquot? Sachem North? West Islip?

West Islip
Ward Melville
Northport
Smithtown East
Smithtown West
Hills East
Hills West
Connetquot
Sachem North

He wouldnt start on any of these teams. Agreed the rest of the league is mediocre but that group right there can be pretty competitive and has been for years. Not pounding my chest at all, just pointing out that Suffolk A is considered an extremely competitive conference and historically those teams give preference to the older more experienced kids and that is a fact.

Bay shore only plays 4 games against what you would call top A teams so there will be plenty of games to pad the stats and make it look good