Originally Posted by Anonymous
First, I'd like to say the UVA just looks and feels like a college should and all they need to do is get a kid on Campus with his parents and I suspect they sign up (and no, I did not attend but have been there enough). Hopkins? (lovely Baltimore)? Not so much, so Petro has a tougher sell than many others. Going forward, it is going to be even tougher for him, you can bet on that.

But don't bet against seeing the Hop Memorial Day weekend. They are not good enough this year, but stranger things have happened.

Baltimore, the city, might not be as picturesque as UVA, but a degree from Hopkins is prestigious. Some people actually care about the degree, you know?

If you can get into Hopkins, then you probably have lots of choices. Is it a prestigious, of course, but we are talking about elite lax players who are ER, are we not? And Baltimore is a handicap.

Hey now. There might be some significant social issues, but Baltimore is a cool city -- rich in history, art, and music. Get beyond the superficial and dig a little. It's a quirky town. An artsy, foodie, cool place. Don't diss my hometown, man! Lots of great people in Baltimore.

Well, the mayor is a moron, the county attorney is a moron and WHEN, not if, the next riot strikes, Baltimore is going to look a lot like Ferguson Missouri. But Hopkins is a GREAT school with a historically great lacrosse program. One I feel will recover nicely. Remember ND won a football NC in 1988, then struggled for years before Chip Kelly came along. Same with Bama, now Miami struggling to compete in football. Cyclical, they'll be back.