Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hope the new rule does go into effect for 2017.

So just a few years ago the “early recruiting” train started down the tracks. I wanted to take a look at the success of it. I was actually shocked about what it looks like. I would expect others have looked at this also.
The class of 2014 first 12 commits as sophomores, 10 of 12 offensive players (1 LSM, 1 G)
Virginia - 6
Hopkins – 2
UNC -2
Maryland – 1
Towson – 1

2 Players are no longer playing D1 – 1 MCLA one looks to be out of lax. Neither the Goalie nor the LSM have any starts in the past 2 years.

Other than 1 offensive player who panned out (over 100 pts) the remaining 7 are see limited playing time with a combined total of 28 pts in 2 years across 7 of the first 12 commits for 2014.

2016 Stats Leaders –
1. Committed as a Jr
2. Cant see when committed, was 181 on laxpower list
3. Committed as a Soph/but changed as a Sr
4. Committed as a Jr
5. Committed as a Sr

Very interesting if incomplete information. It will be more instructive to look back at player outcomes as the 2016 HS class moves through college, say in calendar years 2019 and 2020. In my mind, 2016 was the first really early year, where freshman were recruited (which has now sadly progressed to 8th graders).
Hoping new rule proposal gets adopted and is actually effective. Will ease pressure on very immature kids and reduce benefits of reclassing