Originally Posted by Anonymous
I played two years of college lacrosse with a small athletic scholarship offered the first year. I did not do the right things and did not keep it. However now as a parent, I would much rather have my son receive a 10% athletic scholarship and 90% merit scholarship (obtained with the assistance and recommendations of a lacrosse coach) that get a fully funded 100% athletic scholarship. This is a "no brainer." If your son or daughter is truly a top recruit and you have options, try to go for "other" sources as that is a much better deal.

No argument with your point, but it has nothing to do with the preponderance of claims of "full rides" that essentially do not exist.

Dude you really are an obsessive loser. Show me the post that says full rides are common.Have never met anyone that thinks it's a common occurrence. For you to say they don't exist is just as ignorant. Cannot speak to the boys side but on the girls side it's rare but it happens .People like you just can't believe that there are coaches out there who wanted other kids more than yours . A few schools who have given out a full ride covering the total cost of attendance , USC, Florida . There are others . Lower that number to 75 percent the cost of attendance and it's much more common .

1. Explain how my comment is obsessive??
2. The use of the word "essentially" is key - do full rides exist?? Yes, but they are so far and few between, they essentially don't exist - get it?? That's not ignorance - it's knowledge of the English language and the nuances thereof.
3. The number of posts on BOTC that claim firsthand or secondhand knowledge of full rides are sufficiently large enough that there is no way they are accurate given #2 and the sample size.
4. My oldest isn't even out of MS, so I've got no dog in the fight, so "NO", it's got zero to do with my kids.

IDK about LI but the Baltimore lacrosse community is very small and everyone knows everyone. So the fact that many people are saying they know girls that got 100% isn't that surprising. I personally know 2 girls that were offered 100%. One of which was offered 100% by two different schools. I will say that the one she turned down was Vanderbilt. Not saying where she is because it's no one's business who she is and what package she received.

The other posters may be referring to the same 2 girls that I know. I doubt it, so I think there are more occurrences of this than people want to believe. Are they rare? Sure.