Originally Posted by Anonymous
This is exactly what makes this sport a joke, compared to the others. First of all, when anyone speaks of their child's "commitment," or " scholarship," in lacrosse, try and ask them EXACTLY what the deal is. Good luck. Besides the stuttering "ahh, ummm..." you will find out, if they are being honest, that most, of course not all, of these offers are for no more than 50% of tuition, the same deal a good student would get for academics. The parents in this sport have this elitist attitude, and it permeates the sidelines in both boys and girls lacrosse. The reality is that if they ever made a real push into the inner city, and the sport became popular there, half of the "committed" players would be watching from the stands.
My point is not to knock the sport, but to provide a reality check, and some perspective. This decision on early recruiting is 100% long overdue, and the NCAA should monitor aggressively. Let your children remain so. If they are the cream of the crop, they will still find a spot waiting for them in college. Concern yourselves as parents on raising respectful, honest, and educated kids. My children have enjoyed playing lacrosse in college, and I hope yours does, as well. There is a spot for everyone, and it must be the right fit. I wish you all the best.

Hey...White 5-8 kids need some sport to excel at. Enough of your negativity.