Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the point is that some parents still choose to send their kids to some terrible schools just to say they are playing lacrosse on scholarship. Use the sport to trade up or help you get in. If you are trading down just to brag, please know everyone is laughing at you for the decision because you aren't helping your kid if they come out with a degree from a school that is a joke.

Please define what you mean by "a school that is a joke".
How would someone go about quantifying what is a joke? I know for a fact that I ended up at a fairly middle of the road small liberal arts school for my undergrad - which back then was not that impressive as far as it's academic reputation. But, then I liked the school and wanted small. Afterwards - I went to a top level school for grad school. And guess what, nobody seems to care that I went to one of those little schools now.

Exactly, so what Division 1 colleges are a joke ? If possible find a school that meets your son or daughters needs academically, athletically socially and financially, if its the right fit for your child its the right place to be . What arrogant a holes people are.