Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All 2020's and younger families--go on a relaxing vacation this summer as a family for a change and forget about early commitments.

Still need to do the same thing that they are doing now. Coaches will still be evaluating 2020's at the best events this Summer and into next year, so that the players are lined up going into Sept. 1 Junior year. It's not like the coaching staffs are going to start looking at players that year for the first time. Going to be a bunch of winks all throughout the year, then a flurry of calls to lock in players as soon as the bell rings. Same thing for remaining 2019's this Summer, without the school year in between. If anything, kids are going to work even harder now. Kids that love the game will just do what they are supposed to do and leave all the bs to the obsessive parents.

1. This rule was implemented in a very unsavory and underhanded way that directly impacted the 2020/2021 classes most. That is a fact not an opinion.
2. This rule only applies to lacrosse. Other sports can continue with early recruiting, which really makes lacrosse look ridiculous IMO (just ask my non-lacrosse friends).
3. This will make club lacrosse extremely important for rising freshman and sophomores Club coaches can still give "evaluative" feedback to college coaches. In other words, "players X, Y, and Z are very strong players," i.e. I know these kids are interested in your program and they are my best players. No matter how much you police, certain words, phrases, and actions are going to indicate levels of interest on both sides. A recruiting shorthand/subtext will develop that is within the letter of the law, but outside its intent.
4. Prospect camps rising junior year will be where decisions are made for the next fall. Again, the letter of the law will be followed, but actions/feedback from coaches, either direct or through club coaches will develop a whole new vocabulary.
5. Calls will go out first day of junior year. The player has already visited the school and knows the personality of the coach. An unofficial visit will be made and a commitment secured and announcements made.

Will it go like that? I don't know but it's a very possible scenario that has really fixed nothing but early social media postings. Maybe I'm just cynical. . .