Originally Posted by Anonymous
then why are there so many kids from 2019 that were given specific $$ amounts

I heard all of those early 2019 received full scholarships.one even verbally switched teams already, talk about abusing the system for what it is. Totally disrespected one university.Who verbally switches in 3-4 months.not the kid. maybe the school pulled out after seeing him play over the summer and let him look like he did it to make it look good.

No full scholarships. Didn't happen. And look at schools that switched from. It's no brainier ! Kid got better offer. Don't blame the kid. Blame the system. Coaches know it.

So in reality they sign verbals to have other schools go after them .. This way it looks like they are in high demand. If your parents are in marketing it will help to sell the hype that isn't really there.. So a school like Duke goes up to the kid and says here is more money I want you..the student says show me the money I don't care where I am going . I may not like the school but I like what they are offering. The bottom line is Verbals mean nothing at all. Duke is like any other school and will poach at anytime. There are less ethics at the higher schools and this obviously points that out. Can't wait for someone to defend them and what happened. Believe me the players and families are not innocent either. No one has their hands clean. sad sad sad state of affairs