Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Had a question and wasnt sure which thread to post. Was thinking about getting a few private lessons for my son. Been referred to a former d1 and mll player. Was curious to hear what is the going rate? Is it 80 or more like 60? Just curious what people have heard. No garbage remarks back please just some helpful insight. Thx for any advice.

My son gets 50 as an elite HS senior. I've heard some of the college guys getting 80

One thing not mentioned is that the hourly rate is just for face-to-face time. The coach should be emailing notes and thoughts to the parents which would take more time. Plus travel time in the car. If it is truly 1 on 1 training for an hour, it probably took a true 2 hours for the person conducting the training. If the person is coming to your house in your back-yard you can see the value in convenience.

FWIW in Rochester, NY I pay $50 a session with Joe Walters boot camp for my son in his indoor training facility with four other players. The money is worth it because of how excited it has made my son to want to go out and practice on his own. If this sport was football, imagine how much it would cost for a 5 man boot-camp with Odell Beckham? way more than $50 an hour.

Let's look at it from the other side. Yes, Joe makes great money in his boot camps, but kind of sad that he has to do the camps to make real money. So if I now know that only the top performers make top money, and they have to do training to supplement, then why am I trying to take away my son's childhood to chase a dream where the only pay-off is a partial scholarship, and 27k a year as a pro?

Sorry, getting off topic... but I think the one-on-one coaching is most valuable if your son/daughter has a vested interested in making the coach proud/happy with them. Basically, I am paying not only for the training, but also for the intrinsic motivation it is providing. If you aren't getting motivation from the coaching then the value is much lower.