I am pretty sure that all of the 9th and 10th graders that are already committed know their future coaches want to see their grades. The PSA will send them, but they will not get a response from the coach. Also, if you are a top student and you want college coaches to know that, you can feel free to send anything you want. That coach will put you on their "call ASAP Junior year list" if they are interested smile This concept should not be that difficult to understand.
[/quote]

the concept is confusing, the difficulty is; I thought the coaches weren't supposed to have or open any communication. So how would a coach know until Sept 1 Jr yr about a kid's grades. or Are you telling me you can send emails all you want and they just cant respond. I thought that is how it already was. (except they could contact your club or HS coach).

someone please clarify this. I was told no contact etal. If you send a coach a note, does he think you are smart and diligent or extremely stupid and dont care for the rules.[/quote]
[/quote]

Students are allowed to email coaches as much as they want, for expressing interest, sending film, informing the coach of accolades/accomplishments, updating game schedules, etc. In turn, the coach could only previously respond by email to inform the student of camps, tell the student to fill out a questionairre, but not discuss recruiting specific to that player. However, if a student picked up the phone, and the coach answered the call, they could talk about recruiting. The coach could not return a message, but if he picked up the phone, they could talk. Alike, the coach could talk to school or club coaches as intermediaries. Now, the coach would not be able to talk on the phone or talk to school/club coaches at all. So, no more early commitments, the coaches will still scout 2020's and 2019's this Summer just as they would have already been doing, recruiting boards will be filled in their offices, and there will be a mad dash of calls and reaching out on Sept. 1 for 2019's this Fall. Then same will happen for 2020's next Sept. 1. 2020's and 2019's should really treat the whole thing as a non-issue. 2021 parents won't see coaches on the sidelines this Summer, but really need to do their events, as the clubs won't appreciate kids bailing on tourneys. HS coaches should look for some fall off of 2019 football and soccer players, as kids that treat lax as primary will think they need to keep Fall open to deal with lax recruiting visits and such. [/quote]

What do you mean the kids should do the clubs events? F*** the club. Only go to the camps.[/quote]

You'll want to be on a top club team the Summer going into 10th grade year, so best way to solidify spot is to stay on team now going into your 9th grade year, or try to get on a better team in the Fall. Your not getting recruited out of rising 9th grade prospect camps, unless you are literally unbelievable, in which case, they already know about you! Trust me, or just learn for yourself, do what you like. The recruiting boards are going to be formulated by top clubs and top schools, then the diamonds in the rough will have to work harder to get noticed. Be patient, do your Summer club events this year, then next year coaches will be back on the sidelines. If you ditch your club, very hard to get the correct exposure.