I
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The game of lacrosse has changed to the point that if a 5'4" 90 pound kid can run and has lacrosse skills he could potentially play. The physical part of the game has been taken out of the game due to player safety and concussions. 25 years ago Spallina could never play his Crush team up a year or two. They would get physically destroyed. I watched opposing teams look at them the wrong way and get penalties. It's only a matter of time before we see a 7th grader verbally commit. It's up to the NCAA to stop this nonsense.

It will never happen. The NCAA is a feckless organization. They couldn't care less. As long as they make their money off the basketball tournament, football bowl games and merchandising anything goes. They will never give a program the death penalty again like they did to SMU football back in the 80's, and the colleges know it. They are afraid the colleges will see that they don't need them, so violation enforcement really only comes when the media makes a stink. Read " The System" by Armen Keteyian. It is a great read and shows the nonsense that goes on in college football recruiting and how the NCAA looks the other way. I'm sure basketball is just as bad or worse. If they don't care about the big time sports, they certainly aren't gonna waste time with non-revenue sports like lacrosse.