Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can all say what you want but Princeton will honor 90 percent of the previous coaches verbals , you may have a few kids use it as an excuse to opt out . My son plays at a Princeton and when he went thru the recruiting process the AD was slightly involved but was made aware at the end of each parties "commitment" and I was told that the school would honor the agreement weather that particular coach was there or not . Yes there are some academic mile stones that your kid needs to meet but they are significantly lower than the average Princeton student and quite honestly if you struggle to meet those standards you do not belong there.

The academic standards are high and they should be non negotiable. I believe the number will be far less than 90%. Coaches have the latitude to administer their programs within constraints. Follow rules, graduate players, win. If the new coach doesn't see the upside or quality he wants in the Princeton commits or is unsure, especially the ones down the ladder in 2018, 2019, he likely will and should release them. There is no commitment from Princeton here. Not the AD and certainly not the admissions office. It is a verbal arrangement between a coach and a family. Of course every kid with a chance to attend Princeton should jump at it. But I think you're overstating the depth of the commitment other principals at Princeton have here. If your son was recruited by Bates, I'd be more than a little worried now.