Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is true the 2019 yellow team was a special team but many didn't tryout this year because there is no recruitment value at the Brine. It was far more important to go to events with recruitment value this summer. My son was a part of that yellow team and will always have great memories of playing with such a talented and respectful group of young men. Congrats to all the young men that are committing to the next level ALL over the country. I look forward to watching some of you play Memorial Day Weekend. Yes......I love this game.

Here is my 2 cents. It seems that the rising freshmen year is the year that most want to win and where you see most coaches watching. Long Island always sends a very talented team. There then seems to be a drop off the next year rising sophomore year. Is it because the team just won it? Is it because they are disenchanted because they didnt get recruited? I dont know. It does seem the rising junior and senior HSB teams have done well in the past. Winning it this year and 2 years ago. One thing I am sure of other regions take brine very seriously and send the best teams they can. Pennsylvania, New England, Ohio, Maryland, etc. all want to do well and get recruited. because Long Island doesnt win it doesnt mean its a bad event. I can honestly say there were not as many coaches this year as there have been in the past. I think this has to do with there being so many events. Yet there were always a handful at every game. It was a well run event where weather only effected Tuesday night.