Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The only school that (IMHO) has accumulated legit memorial day weekend-caliber talent from 2019 thus far is JHU.

I'm going to go ahead an make sure everyone reads this a second time, because it's crazy. Someone who posts on this board thinks that as these boys all prepare for the spring of their Freshman year that you can tell what will or will not be a championship caliber class as many as EIGHT years from now?

Based on what you have seen on the 5th and 6th grade fields who has the best chance of winning a NYS championship in 6 years?

Sorry, let me rephrase it better (since we are actually kind of arguing the same side of the case).......there arent many kids on the summer/fall tour the past 9 months that you can look at and say "yea, that kid is a lock to be an major impact player in college". From what i saw, the only school that has more than MAYBE 1 or 2 of them right now is JHU. And I would think if you were filling up your 2019 class right now, it better be with kids who are locks. Doesnt mean that the other kids wont end up developing into impact players (maybe all 12 of the current UMD 2019s will end up being studs...they all have the POTENTIAL to do so), but for any coach to look at these 14 yr olds (ok, maybe most are 15 or 16 even) and say with any certainty that they can predict who who will be an impact player in college, I personally think is kidding oneself.