What is already coming to roost is Canadian kids are better players than US players. I thought we might be a few years away from really seeing this play out, but after watching the US U-19 game I am convinced it has arrived. Americans are so wound up into reclassifying to play down, and on showcase lacrosse / ugly me first club ball that we don't even know what excellence is anymore. Makes me sad since I have younger boys playing. I'd like to see something more out of the game on the US side, but we just keep going backwards.

The Canadian kids showed up yesterday wearing mismatched equipment had one practice together before yesterday, rotated around over 45 kids into the game. They took about 20 minutes to get a feel for each other on the field and then just rolled us over. One of the Canadian parents told me a lot of these kids don't have much back at home and it is the world for them to be given a plane ticket to play for country. Some parents drove down and slept in their cars to see the kids play.

Those boys don't have a lot of things, but they had three things US player heart, fight and balls.