Ridiculous is what you are assuming. Trevor Baptiste started playing lacrosse as a high school soph. Fowler was recruited to be a FOGO when he was already enrolled at Duke. Let's examine Hopkins. My son applied there. Hopkins accepts about 15% of applicants. My son had 3.9 GPA then 4.6 WGPA and 93 percentile in the ACT. He got into Hopkins and UVA. At neither school did he get any push or pull for lacrosse. Lacrosse was just listed as an activity with accomplishments. He also did two summer volunteer summers tutoring underprivileged kids. He didn't do any Jake Reed crap beyond club lacrosse because of that schedule. Kids who get into Hop or UVA look like that profile. My son also applied to 6 Ivies and got into 2 and attended one of those.

What you are writing out is that without the gift of lacrosse a boy won't have his secured spot at a chosen school. That is a valid point. My son was, after all, qualified but didn't get into 4 Ivies or Amherst the last one on the list he applied to. What you wrote also means this to me: only lacrosse can save a boy who doesn't belong at Hop, Duke, UVA, Michigan, Georgetown, Notre Dame, Ivy. If a kid needs so much saving he is taking a spot from the straight up better students who have earned them to these colleges. It cuts both ways. Lacrosse parents lament plenty about all those undeserving kids reclassifying or going to prep schools to gobble up sports spots at colleges. That is all misguided. The best position your son can be in is to be qualified to be admitted at a selective college and then apply to several of them.

If you also think only the very special young recruits are suited to play college lacrosse, that is even more misguided. For every IL or RR ranked 9th grader today is a dozen just as good today and better tomorrow. And only tomorrow's count if you way to play a college sport in 2-3 years. I wish parents and kids would refocus on what is important over what is popular. Getting a Twitter shout is a hollow thing if you have bigger plans.