My older kid and younger kid both put a lot into their sports and have fun. My oldest is playing at a D1 Ivy now and my younger who is in 9th grade isn't as zealous about it or as strong in lacrosse as his older brother.

No. I don't go to practice and watch these kids. I go to my job during the day. I don't go onto the sidelines at games, I sit in the stands and cheer with the other parents. I sit in a certain row to avoid being amongst the lunatic parents, and that is the only conscious thing I always do. I know my local facts. When my oldest was in 9th grade a club coach or parent would be laughed at for trying to press a HS coach for favorites. Now, it happens so often even the loudest defender look the fool for defending it...at least down here in MD. I'm not in the wrong for pointing this out. HS lacrosse gets cheapened when the club guys and pushy parents come and say you can't embarrass us all and have this committed kid on the JV team.

I also find it interesting the club guys and parents start this push and dialogue BEFORE tryouts. Now why do't you tell me why that is.