Excellent response. I got scared for a minute there thinking that my 14 year old was as developed as he was ever going to get - whew. I guess this guy has never heard of Myles Jones from Duke either. He was still being developed in college and is now one of the most feared midfielders in college lacrosse because of his improved stick skills which now make him a multi-threat player. I guess this guy's kid was one of those kids that hit puberty at 11 or 12 - watch out my friend, Mother nature has a way of evening up the playing field a couple of years down the road!
Originally Posted by The Hop
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you think they are developing kids at 14 years old then there is a problem. Most kids at that age are where they need to be. What travel A team is still developing kids at this stage of the game? Doesn't say much for the organization that they are developing kids and are an A team. The kid that left went to 91 because he was looking to go ivy league or to a top D1 school. He has geeat academic skills as well as lax skills. Great athlete and hard worker. Don't let them make you think they developed him. His parents wanted to get him to go to top recruiting tournaments. Trust me not many kids going to D1 schools with the complete package. He's one.

You obviously know nothing about lacrosse and most likely have gotten involved for the first time because your kid plays.

Some of the best D1 players of all time were late bloomers who didn't get "great" until Junior or senior year. These players became Hall of Famers. They certainly were not "where they need to be" at 14!

The travesty in today's crazy lacrosse mindset is that everyone thinks they know what a kid is going to be when he enters college when he is 13 or 14. That is completely insane and anyone who knows lacrosse knows this to be ridiculous.

Give Kevin Finneran a call and ask him what his talent level was when he was a junior at Holy Trinity. He wasn't a starter! He became one of the greatest player in lacrosse history!! Google him if you care to.

So relax with the speculation and opinions on who you feel is the best 4th grader or the best 8th grader because the kid you deem the worst may someday squash your little all star.