Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have a point it's high school. But when you play in recruiting showcases at 2019 and the college coaches are looking at these physically matured boys who are way older then my true 14yr old, Sorry 15 by the summer it sucks. Because he is taking a spot away from my true 2019. I know it sounds like I'm crying but it is what it is and it won't change. I wouldn't reclassify my kid because I'm not teaching him by getting ahead in life you have to cheat. Work hard and hopefully he could land a spot at his dream school. Which by the way is not a top 10 lacrosse school.

Nobody is taking a spot from anybody. A coach is looking for whoever is appropriate for his team. He recruits and signs a particular number of kids per grade.

I'm pretty sure you are not posting on basketball or football forums where kids reclassify all the time. You are only upset about it now because you perceive it negatively impacting your kid.

It would be like a dad crying publicly that it's not fair that his son is not getting recruited because of his height, weight, foot speed, etc.

Crying about it isn't going to change anything, especially for grade based teams comprised of HS players. Get a grip.

Hey, moron. Of course holdbacks take spots away from true age kids. Posting otherwise is just dumb. If all 2018's are held back, not many 2019's will get roster spots for class of 2019.

Just watched HS all star football game..what a joke .. They had the fans vote two players in. How would anyone know how good one kid is from the next in making the decision..To be honest it reminds me of the Brine tryout and many others . it's who you know and what you wear instead of being a true tryout..Sorry old story but it's so true and very sad. Tell your kids to keep fighting if they don't make these teams because it most certainly doesn't mean they aren't better just that your Mom or Dad isn't political enough yet.