Originally Posted by Anonymous
are you saying , you can get more money from mid level lax programs then from say the top 20 programs, serious question,

My son got what amounts to 75% of his tuition taken care of provided he does what he has to do academically. He verballed to a mid level D1 and I can say without any hesitation he wouldnt have gotten anywhere near that money from and ACC, BIG10, or a Patriot for that matter.

That is because your son is the only 2018 ( reclassed I might add) at that school that usually is a later recruiter. You can also get in there with a 950 SAT, student-athletes even less. Can't compare to the other schools, so stop already.

The original poster asked if mid to lower level lax programs tend to give more money, so in my sons case the answer was yes. I wasnt comparing the schools at all.

Since you seem intent on breaking chops I will entertain your nonsense. My son reclassed instead of doing a PG year which he was given the option to do, he is actually still the same age or younger than most of the kids in his year. It was his decision and it is turning out to be a very good decision.

I dont know where you got that 950 number but you couldnt be more wrong about that.

So since you seem to know so much about me, please look me up and we can discuss this over a beer like gentlemen.

can we bring this back to a nice/friendly talk. I appreciate the comments and honesty (I hope). But is your son a 2017 reclassed to 2018, when did he reclass. When was he recruited. can you share the league he will play in.

I never was unfriendly. I simply was relaying my sons experience in response to someones post. In my estimation this forum is supposed to be about an exchange of ideas and shared experiences and hopefully help others on their journeys. Some people like to come on here and spew nonsense out of jealousy or some misguided sense of integrity. Reading comprehension doesnt seem to be a strong suit of many of those same people either, so naturally everything gets misunderstood.

So moving on, my son is repeating his sophomore year at a prep school. He was a late 99 birthday and was a 2017 who should have been a 2018 all along. He played travel lacrosse on Long Island as a 2017 up until last summer. He verballed this past fall to a school in the America East. Hope this helps and I wish you best of luck in your college search.