Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone have opinions on the value of the Nike Blue Chip event in Charlotte during Nov.? Appreciate it.
Anyone have opinions on the value of the Nike Blue Chip event in Charlotte during Nov.? Appreciate it.

Don't do it. Very few coaches as most were at Philly Freshman.

Philly is supposed to have a lot of coaches coming this year. I guess it will be wait and see but hope to see coaches from all divisions for all boys who want to play college ball

I've been to the Philly Showcase last few years, it is swarmed by college coaches. My oldest son was noticed there. But I wonder if big schools send staff to both venues?

Who are you kidding with the last few years thing? according to their website this will be the 3rd year. "In 2014 only our second year the Freshman Showcase weekend had 54 college coaches attend." Seems to me you're trying to promote something for some reason, does your program have a club attending? Are you trying to convince all the other parents out there that this is a must tournament and since you have a team in it you are a must play for program?

Relax, no conspiracy to smoke out. There are two Philly showcases in November, which are you referencing? Perhaps I opined on the wrong showcase.

The Philly Fall Showcase will get a better coach turnout than Nike Blue Chip for sure. Larger schools send coaches/assistant coaches to both.