Originally Posted by Anonymous
As I am navigating the recruiting process and refocusing what is important for my son for the long term, I can't help but think the Ivy's and Patriot league programs will continue to strengthen as top talent looks to the education and post graduation career prospects. We have looked at some of the top lacrosse programs but some are really lacking the career stats once Johnny graduates and puts down his stock. Then you look at some of the Patriot programs and their academic prowess and career success of graduates. Its undeniable.

Do you want your son walking into an interview with a Bucknell degree (along with their alumni network) or Maryland degree?

You "looked" at some of the top lacrosse schools or your son was "recruited and offered" a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools? because I can guarantee that if Duke, North Carolina, Maryland, Hopkins, Notre Dame and Virginia are offering all of the Ivy's will want your son as well.

Since you are in the business of disparaging certain schools... Please do not equate patriot with Ivy. Do you want your kid walking into an interview with a Harvard Degree (along with their alumni network) or a Bucknell degree? I know plenty of very successful people with degrees from Cornell, Princeton, Penn, Harvard, Brown, Yale, Hopkins, Duke, Notre Dame, Virginia, Penn State, North Carolina, Maryland, Michigan Rutgers as well as many other schools. There is a "good fit" for all. Most of the best "lacrosse schools" are also strong academic schools. If you kid is not going to Harvard Princeton or Yale please do not try to make their choice out to be superior to all others. Sorry but patriot is not Ivy and Bucknell is not Harvard.

If your son was (or is) offered a spot at some of the top lacrosse schools (Duke, Cornell, Princeton, Notre Dame, Yale, Virginia, North Carolina etc..) and you guid him to Bucknell that is your choice.