Originally Posted by Anonymous
"1. Have your son make a list of schools he would like to attend. First and foremost, the SCHOOL should be a good fit for him and his interest. LACROSSE comes second. There is a big difference in environments from say a Big 10 school vs. a Patriot. Injuries happen, passion fades, etc. etc. Have your son go to a school he would attend regardless of lacrosse."

Sorry if this sounds snarky, but asking a 9th grader to choose a college that would be a good fit for him and his interests is hysterical. Are there any colleges out there that are a good fit for a kid who keeps forgetting to clean his room and likes to play pick up basketball down the block or Call of Duty with his friends after school?

You just described 99 percent of the male teenage population, lol

If you think the parents aren't behind almost all of the recruiting emails and blind contacts to coaches, you're delusional. Further, if you're leaving this process, that could be worth $100,000 or more in some cases in tuition money, in the hands of a 13-14 year old freshman you really are insane. The guy above saying the kid has to own it, is full of it. What 13 yo is "owning this process"? Total BS. The parents need to be "all in" you need to work tirelessly on behalf of your son. Craft the emails, pay for the video, book the showcases and prospect days. Do the follow up. Don't know about your kid, but mine needs to spend his time working hard on his grades and his game. Oh yeah, he needs to be a kid too. This is a partnership between you and your son. He focuses on Grades, Sports and off field behavior. You had better sign up for EVERYTHING else. BTW, I have one playing in college already and one committed. I know what I'm talking about!!! Between the two, my total projected tuition savings will be very close to $200,000. Call me crazy, but there's no way I'm leaving that to my 14 year old. Last point, in my tax bracket I need to make nearly $350,000 to come up with that $200,000 in take home tuition cost. This is not child's play folks...

By far one of the most spot on posts I have ever seen on this forum. Kudos to you sir......