NLF events will be one and the same as others. Quite honestly I think it was formed as another p.r. gimmick by HHH and Crabs to 'differentiate' themselves from everyone else by throwing together exactly the same thing. Basically club lacrosse is a place to play some summer ball at one of 3-4 tournaments that will run each weekend that will all be 'attended by coaches from over 100 colleges'. That means the bigger D1 programs that have a head coach and three assistants will split up to canvas them which leads to a lot of frustration over where 'THE coaches will be'.

I know this is a cynical take, but is there a cogent way to look at this and think these coaches are keenly following hundreds and hundreds of games or kids? Frankly I think the college recruiting is more college ex-players who are coaching club while playing MLL or other known club guys are just pumping a word of mouth on kids they want to push -- which are usually kids who have attended a lot of paid clinics and events showing they and parents 'really want it'. UVA's first few 2016 recruits who committed as freshmen were all club players coached by UVA alums which were seen once in person by the UVA staff. Nothing has changed since that started a few years ago except it has gone earlier.

This process should look like all the kids line up in front of the lawn chair row with their name, prep school coach email address, GPA and dad's W-2 AI for three prior years stitched onto their pinnies. It would make the process more transparent.