This is quite possibly the stupidest thing I've ever read on this website. If you have a son who is 14 and you're not telling them they've still got a long road ahead, you're doing them a complete disservice as a parent.

B, A, AA, AAA - it doesn't matter. If your son has aspirations on playing at the highest level, guess what. DEVELOPMENT WILL NEVER STOP. The GRIND continues until the day they walk of campus. That's the mindset your kid will need to succeed in today's lacrosse environment.

If my 13 or 14 year old kid said "hey dad, my coach said I'm good to go and developed as a lacrosse player, I've got nothing left to learn since I start on our super fabulous AA team!" I would literally laugh out loud. Then I'd find a new team to play for.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
If you think they are developing kids at 14 years old then there is a problem. Most kids at that age are where they need to be. What travel A team is still developing kids at this stage of the game? Doesn't say much for the organization that they are developing kids and are an A team. The kid that left went to 91 because he was looking to go ivy league or to a top D1 school. He has geeat academic skills as well as lax skills. Great athlete and hard worker. Don't let them make you think they developed him. His parents wanted to get him to go to top recruiting tournaments. Trust me not many kids going to D1 schools with the complete package. He's one.