Originally Posted by Anonymous
Anyone see that Sweetlax just had the 4th kid from their 2019 team commit to Maryland? Terps now have 7 2019 verbals but 4 come from the same club.

I guess I'm a skeptic but I'm just wondering what leads to this situation. All 4 of these young men thought that of the 60+ D1 college programs that this was the perfect fit for them? And of all the 2019's that Maryland has evaluated from all of the countries top clubs these 4 were the most prized?

Interested to hear others opinions on this, just seems odd to me.

Sweetlax will take kids from other clubs and add them to their tournament rosters. Two of the 2019 commits play for Blackwolf, FCA and Sweetlax. I guess when they commit, they commit as Sweetlax players.

That Sweetlax team is very good. It is a National team. They beat Crush easily last summer. You will see several more from that team commit soon. Although Sweetlax is Rochester based they recruit top kids from all over to play. The director is a good guy who is very friendly with the coaches of top programs. Other clubs are threatened by them because you will see some very good kids leave their current club for them, so they badmouth Sweetlax. There must be a reason a kid would leave their current team. Too much drama perhaps?

No one is threatened. Good coach and good team. Last summer they continued to play after many clubs were done for the summer so kids who still wanted to play played for them. The kids must enjoy the experience as they tend to list Sweetlax and not the other programs that they play for.

Another Sweetlax 2019 commits today to Hopkins

They have 7 now, next closest? Do any LI clubs have any?

No LI kid has publicly given a verbal commitment. I suspect that several are likely very close.

D/LSM from 91
2 Mids from LIE
Several FO

What HS will have the first verbal? And what College will grab the First kid from LI?