Originally Posted by Anonymous
Couldn't agree with you more when you say keep the kids out of it. The real problem for the most part comes down to the parents. If we let our kids just play and enjoy watching them then we should be happy. Parents think they run the organization and feel like they need to give their evaluations is nonsense. They mislead the parents when they do stuff like that. Parents think the coach is the one making decisions but in reality the parent who thinks he's a big part of the team makes decision. I bet if parents knew that was the case they would not choose that team. I know I wouldn't. I don't need a parent deciding my kids future with a team especially if the parent has something against your kid for whatever reason or his son doesn't like your son. There's a little bit of a conflict don't you think. Keep the parents out of it. If an organization can't do the evaluations on their own then they should not have a team. Get all the coaches from all the teams in the organization to do the evaluations.

These points can be brought about by almost every team out there. nothing is perfect but it is not a conspiracy. if you don't like what you see then go somewhere else. I am tired of ppl using the selection process as the problem, it has been around since the very first youth travel team and will continue to be the same in the future. if you like start your own team and oh wait- then you will become one of those programs also. it is a no win situation. [lacrosse] all you want but this is the lay of the land and it will not change. remember there are teams that pick kids because they are going to catholic school or they are attending a certain public high school or because the father has coached and helped the program since his son was in 3rd grade. Talk to your town program and play with them, but then you still hear the same B.S from parents.