My son went to 3d blue chip last year...we did it as a feeling out process and a quick get away for Super Bowl weekend...taken in that context, I felt it was worth it...bite pricey to find out if your kid can play on a elite level, but we didn't' mind...ego stroke for us both to think he could compete well against regional elite, so we had fun with it and I used it to pump up his confidence some for travel season, need to feel like you belong in elite event to be an elite player, plus, they love the swag and comradery,..this was no vacation as the boys were kept busy and he was tired at night, so no Disney, coaching was average, nothing learned that was game altering, just solid reinforcement of basic principals and defense barely instructed at all, make no mistake, this is an offensive showcase, they want to see attack and your kid will be hung out on defense unless he has some experienced players with him out there...coaches play favorites, not sour grapes, just way it was...91 coach had a bunch of 91 kids on his team, played them on first line together, the rest were pieced together, kid playing next to mine didn't even know what a "slide"was... so, your kid needs to be prepared to fend for himself, get noticed without being a ball hog, they come down on you for trying to do it all yourself...again, if your there for your son to be discover, temper that because very, very few are selected from this to Jake Reed, your kid needs to be over the top against really good kids...getting some good video for a showcase film should be considered if your kid plays well, against good completion that looks good for him...bottom line, your kid will meet others, local to Long Island and elsewhere who have same dream, see where he measures up and then see what true elite play is like if he hasn't played with that type of player...I say spend the money and enjoy the Florida sun while your kid gets a taste of showcase mentality and play...worth it