Speaking of Laxachusetts, how many of the kids on that team were born before 9/1/00? That team got a lot bigger, in size and number, between last summer and this fall. [/quote]

I would guess maybe half? I know their two big A used to be 2018s. [/quote]

Its too bad so many clubs are going to this model. I always laugh when a 2019 commit announcement links to a highlight video for a 2018.

Those reclasses better hurry up and commit though, because the physical advantage they have disappears pretty quickly as the kids move into their sophomore year. [/quote]

Why would you say "so many clubs going to this model"?

I would say "so many parents are going to this model".
[/quote]

Because I know of at least one "Elite" club program that is just moving players down to lower teams without having them repeat a grade or declare that they will PG. It is only done with the hopes that they will stand out in front of coaches when playing younger competition.

I guess they will PG if a coach shows interest in them as a 2019? And if they don't draw interest then what? [/quote]

Edge Lacrosse (Canada) plays ALL of their teams down an age group. Not new. [/quote]

How is it possible that tournaments allow a program to register their teams down? Wouldn't liability issues preclude such a practice? Entire teams playing down is entirely different than individual players form a liability standpoint.