Originally Posted by Anonymous
In my opinion I think it is going to be a bust. Most of the top players are not trying out. This summer the boys need to go to events that put them in front of college coaches. This event has little to no value as IMHO.

I dont know about that. Last year there were plenty of colleges on the sideline of Brine. More than Philly Freshman. I was at both. Facilities were awesome and so was the event. New event coordinators did a great job. Only thing that stunk was the team event where players had to sit in the heat and listen to those speeches.

Lol, was there last year. No college coaches except the ones being paid. The whole event has become a dinosaur, waste of time and money!

last years team was something special to watch a cast of characters. Of course a few kids were missing but special none the less. As far as college coaches, was at both the tournaments mentioned by far FPS had way more coaches. Brine had some but not nearly the amount as FPS. Although Brine did have college coaches as their coaches on the sideline.

As far as the heat you actually went to that ceremony in the heat, some found a nice place to cool off and stuff their faces before the last game.

I say at the least go to the tryout see who is there if for nothing else it is a good run before tryouts start Monday. As for the event your call they did change the date but may learned enough is enough.