Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And one more thing, if they really have 5 teams worth of kids and its part of the story that this gets you access to the Catholics then it seems like they have sold 100 kids for a couple of openings. Looks like this flight is overbooked!!!!

I hear what you are saying but I think it is a stretch by saying "Overbooked". How many of the boys on Schwalje and Schreiber are going to the catholic schools? I would venture half at most, then out of that, how many are split between Chaminade Kellenburg St Anthonys (throw Doms & SJB in there too) - 50. If SA even gets a good share of them, I don't see it as the over booking you speak off.

Now, since the Schreiber team popped up, I can understand the point ..."My son will attend St Anthony's and wants to play Lacrosse while there..." (if even a marginal player if you want to play at St A's your son is probably playing travel; why not give your son the opportunity to play and be coached by the varsity coach.

Rhetorically speaking:
Why do you have an issue with that, how does that impact you or your family? Why does it bother you what people do with their money, time and children. Now, if you are on the team, that is a different issue; why not take it up privately, no?

But really, who cars what I say; To each their own.

No one cares what any of us think anyway, and the opinions here are not necessarily what we would say in public, so what is true, this or that?

But the issue, is that the Express owners play up the connection and it is misleading to think that playing express gets you on the field at these schools that have 50 openings on varsity each year across the whole set of schools.