Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any opinion on the Brine tryout last night. I know some kids for a few of the top programs weren't there but I'm sure plenty of talent was still there trying out.

Only saw 2 guys with clipboards and only 1 really paying attention. Drills were ok, nothing to write home about.

I heard there wasn't much interest. Seemed like a scam last year.Wasn't there a kid chosen that didn't even try out? Besides, Chaminade had their first day of tryouts early today. No thanks

Evaluator is the former Port coach who is at Hills now and yes a kid was put on who plays for (drum roll) you guessed it Hills. Evaluators kid will make even if he doesn't deserve to and that is why this thing became a waste of time and money in my opinion.

Do we have to go through this again...

Last year was not a scam, it was a collection of some talented players (some didn't make the cut that were worthy yes, one who in my opinion is a top player in the grade was put on a list but never went). The team that went was a classic all LI team with kids form all over. Kids and families are still very friendly when they see each other.

If you know anything about last years team and the evaluator whom also coached the team... He knew exactly who and what he had across the many players from multiple team/towns . I bet if you asked each one of the players, who went, they will remember their coach for their entire lives.

Sorry if you had a bad experience but I know many who enjoyed the event, players and parents alike. It was just a bit much with many back to back events.