Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Still find it funny that one of the express teams at this age has around 35 kids on their roster . If it's true how pathetic can these parents be. Stop sucking up so there is a chance your kid can play in high school..

It is pathetic. Now that these kids hit 9th grade the parents go crazy, when most of them are worrying at least a year earlier than they should be. They start running to get on teams that they think will give their kids a better chance of getting recruited. Meanwhile, with 35 kids they're actually wasting a year!

We pulled our 2017 kid from Express (after playing for them since his 4th grade year) for that very reason. He was on an Express team in his 8th grade year that would suddenly have random extra kids each tournament. Some were from other Express teams, some were individuals recruited by the coach, some were from YOUNGER Express teams....and the practice and scrimmage schedule was given to us one week at a time so there was no way to plan ahead for anything except lacrosse. Our son then tried out for another travel team the following year (when he was in 9th grade) and the program was a better fit for him as a player and for us as parents. We always got along great with Express parents and players and there wasn't any animosity with them when we switched. We still hang out with most of them and love to see them on the sidelines, no matter who is winning or losing. The coach, however, has refused to speak to us since we left. Won't even say hello in passing at tournaments. Anyway, it would have been a big waste of time and money to stay. Looking back, it was the best decision and we have no regrets. The travel coaches are in the BUSINESS of running lacrosse teams. I am in the BUSINESS of spending my money and my family's time wisely.