There's nothing wrong with for profits, second soccer is much bigger. Most towns are fielding several teams at the mid to lower age groups which enrollment wise rival the numbers of some of the big Lacrosse clubs. Also, many of these guys have been doing this over a period of decades....how many lacrosse clubs can say that?
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Con't......,,,It's too bad that lacrosse has gotten to this point....,very expensive, being told that to get recruited you need to have those certain contacts when it really comes down to your players ability. Heck, we even pay for try outs when it is the teams that should be courting the players, my son didn't pay to try out for his soccer team. If this keeps up Lacrosse will become too expensive for the regular family to participate. Can you say oligopoly?

The difference that I see in tryouts for soccer and lacrosse, is that soccer first and foremost, is run by the mom and pop volunteer clubs and it is informal and come to a practice and tryout. For lacrosse, the clubs do what amounts to clinics to see the kids and there are usually 3, 4 or 5 dates. If they didn't charge people would use them as clinics and go for the training.

You are wrong about soccer there are quite a few serious clubs, lax is simply out of control.

I am not wrong.. there are only a handful (one hand) of "serious" clubs in soccer and they are the for profits.