Originally Posted by Anonymous
I dont disagree with your opinions, however dont be so fast to judge kids and parents for when and where they decide to commit. Every kid is different and every case is different. Not every kid is going to play at an Ivy/ACC/Patriot/Big10, some kids are talented enough but dont have the grades, some kids have the grades but arent talented enough. My son committed to one of those 2nd tier programs and I can say without any trepidation that it was a great decision because it was absolutely the right FIT for HIM. The coaching staff is awesome, the school has his major and does a good job getting kids jobs with internship opportunities, alumni network, etc and he has a real opportunity to play D1 lacrosse at a high level for four years. The whole point of all of this is get your child into a situation where he can be successful and have a great college experience and play the game he loves and if you accomplish that, I say good for you and best of luck to your son.

Sounds like your son is in the right place. I am in no way criticizing any one because they dont go to a ACC/Ivy/Pat/etc program. My question is, did he/you make the decision to go to his collge when he was a Freshman in HS, or later.....ike maybe after having 2 years or more of HS under his belt so that he had a better idea of where he thinks he fits in, academically, socially, and athletically?